There is nothing quite like walking into a bathroom that smells clean and fresh. The intoxicating combination of pine, lemon, and lavender can boost your mood and make you feel more alert.
Unfortunately, not everyone has the luxury of a sparkling bathroom with a scented candle or potpourri to provide this oasis.
If you are looking for ways to make your bathroom smell good without spending any money, read on! In this blog post, we will share some tips on how to make your bathroom smell great without using any artificial fragrances.
Clean When You Can:
The first step to making your bathroom smell good is cleaning it. After all, what could beat the fresh scent of clean? If you are short on time, use an all-purpose cleaner with citrus properties. This will give your entire bathroom a refreshing and natural aroma for pennies on the dollar compared to artificial air fresheners and scented candles.
Next, always make sure that you unplug your drains. This will prevent any unwanted smells from backing up into the air when you turn on the faucet. If this happens, hold a stopper in place with a rag to minimize unpleasant smells until everything has drained and there is no standing water left in your sink.
Sprinkle Baking Soda:
You can use a few simple household items to boost the scent in your bathroom. First of all, you can sprinkle baking soda down your drains on a monthly basis for a fresh-smelling clean every time. Don’t mix with vinegar unless you want a volcano effect!
Use a Small Diffuser:
You can also use a small diffuser in your bathroom to maximize the power of essential oils. These are concentrated fragrances that you only need a few drops of to make everything smell great! Pick one up at any health food store, salon, or department store. If you have allergies, be sure to test it out first because some essential oils can cause flare-ups.
Try Out a Scent Packet:
You can find scent packets that offer a clean and fresh smell for free at your local fast food restaurant. These are safe to place in your bathroom because they do not contain any artificial fragrances. Simply empty the packet into a small dish or potpourri bowl and enjoy a clean-smelling room every time you go to the bathroom.
Scents to Avoid:
When attempting to make your bathroom smell good, you should avoid scented candles and air fresheners that come in aerosol cans. While they may add a pleasant scent to your room for short periods of time, these items burn petroleum-based chemicals with their flames or use harsh propellants when dispensed. This can be very harmful to your lungs and could lead to serious respiratory problems.
Make Sure You Ventilate:
You should avoid leaving any scented candles or air fresheners on for too long. While they may keep your bathroom smelling good initially, prolonged exposure to artificial fragrances can irritate your lungs and trigger asthma attacks. If possible, always open a window when using these products for best results and longest-lasting freshness!
Your bathroom will smell great in no time without costing you a dime! Keep these helpful hints in mind next time you are trying to make your bathroom smell good, and be sure to share this article with all of your friends on social media so they can do the same!
Tips on how to make your bathroom smell great:
Get rid of odor-causing bacteria
One way to greatly improve the smell in your bathroom is to get rid of odour-causing bacteria. These smells are the result of soap scum, dead skin cells, and mildew. To keep these nasties under control, make sure to thoroughly clean your bathtub and tiles every week. Do not forget to wipe down your bathroom floor with bleach or another disinfectant once a month, as this is where most bacteria are found.
Deodorize the toilet
Another cause of bad smells in the bathroom is the toilet, which over time may start to smell unpleasant. Luckily it’s easy to get rid of the odour – simply pour a cupful or two of water into the bowl before you go to sleep at night. Let it sit overnight, then flush in the morning to send bad smells away.
Use baking soda
If your bathroom has an unpleasant musty smell, fill a container with some baking soda and place it on the tiles or floor for a few days. This will help to absorb the musty odors and make your bathroom feel fresher.
Use vinegar as a cleaning solution
Many store-bought cleaners contain chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin and leave behind an unpleasant artificial smell. Instead, use vinegar as a natural cleaner to make your bathroom smell good. Vinegar is a great disinfectant and can be used to clean mirrors, tiles, bathtubs,and more! Simply dilute vinegar with 3 parts water for light cleaning duties.
For tougher jobs like removing soap scum, use full-strength vinegar without diluting it first. After the vinegar solution has been applied to your bathroom surface, let it sit for a few minutes to break down the grime. Then wipe away with a microfiber cloth or sponge.
Use essential oils
Lastly, use essential oils to improve the smell of your bathroom. For the best results, purchase an electric diffuser that plugs into an outlet. Simply add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the diffuser, and it will produce a fine mist that fills your bathroom with a pleasing scent.
15 Hacks To Get the Stink Out of your bathroom:
- Use a dryer sheet to remove the bathtub ring, this will leave your tub smelling nice.
- Citrus oil smells much better than bleach, so use it, just rub or spray some citrus oil around the toilet bowl before you go to bed at night and let it sit overnight. Flush in the morning for a clean fresh smelling bowl.
- Pour baking soda on your carpet, baking soda is a great odor absorber so you can sprinkle some under the rug or in the corner of your bathroom for at least an hour before you vacuum it up to suck up all that bad smell.
- Make an air freshener using vodka and essential oil, just pour some vodka into a spray bottle and add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Give it a good shake to mix, then spritz around your bathroom to refresh the air.
- Try putting coffee grounds, soak up all that excess moisture by mixing about 3 parts water with 1 part used coffee ground and poor it into your carpet cleaner. Let it sit for about 30 minutes before you use your carpet cleaner to suck out the moisture and smell.
- Tea tree oil, tea tree oil is a great disinfectant that can easily kill all those nasty bathroom germs, so just add some into your air fresheners or cleaners for an extra boost of cleanliness.
- Activated charcoal, this is great at absorbing odors so you can use it as a scented diffuser or just spread some around your room for a few hours to absorb all the bad smells.
- Grapefruit seed extract, another disinfectant, grapefruit seed extract is found in many store bought cleaners and essential oils. Mix it into whatever cleaner you are using for an extra boost of disinfectant.
- Put vanilla extract, just dab some on a cotton ball and let it sit in the trash can overnight to absorb all the bad odors. If your bathroom isn’t well ventilated, open a window or something so you don’t suffocate yourself with the smell.
- Use a toothbrush to clean the shower, toothbrushes are great for scrubbing in all those nooks and crannies that you can’t get to, just soak it in water mixed with a bit of vinegar then scrub away!
- Lemon essential oil works wonders, because lemon is such a great degreaser, just combine 2 cups of lemon juice with 1 cup white vinegar and pour it into a spray bottle. Use it to clean all those hard surfaces in your bathroom like tiles, mirrors, and countertops.
- Make a scrub using baking soda, for tough grime that won’t come off no matter how much you scrub, make a paste with baking soda and water then scrub away.
- Annoying bathtub rings, for terrible looking pink or yellow stains on your bathtub, just mix together 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water then spray it onto the ring. Let it sit for a few minutes before you get in the shower, don’t worry about getting it in the tub because it’s completely safe and won’t harm you.
- For a quick fix, make a spray using essential oils, add 25 drops of your favorite scent to 2 cups of water and pour it in your favorite air freshener then spritz around over the toilet bowl or bathroom to freshen the air.
- To remove stains on the toilet, try using hydrogen peroxide, just add a little hydrogen peroxide into your bowl and scrub with a toothbrush to get rid of those tough stains.
Hopefully, this article helped you learn how to make your bathroom smell good, and if you have any other tips feel free to comment some down below!
Hello! I’m trying to explore more and provide my readers with more. Besides being a writer, I’ve also worked as an Editor and Proofreader.